Networking events are an excellent way to find new contacts, build business relationships, stay in informed and raise your profile but few people really understand how to make the most of these opportunities.
Attending events is cited as one of the most challenging aspects of networking, everyone from experienced senior executives to new graduates finds walking into a room full of strangers daunting. If people are not comfortable or don’t understand how to make the most of networking events they can be a waste of time and money.
Smarter Networking offer How to Work a Room:
Our previous clients include: American Express, BAE Systems, Cambridge University Judge Business School, Commerzbank, EAIE, Hult International Business School, Imperial College London, IOSH, KPMG, London Business School, London Chamber of Commerce, Nationwide Building Society, PGIM, The Law Society, The PA Club, UBM (UK) Ltd, University of St. Gallen, WHU University.
- Heather worked with us on an event which had no precedent really – a large group of mostly women in Health, Safety, Facilities, Fire and Security who wanted to understand how networking could work better for them. The session was delivered in a large, open noisy area. She worked hard to deliver the session we envisaged and feedback from the event was really good. Heather is collaborative, but well able to take charge of large groups.Heather Beach, Director - Safety & Health Expo, Facilities Show, SHP and Barbour EHS at UBM plc
- Heather recently delivered a very well received workshop to our Business School students on “How to work a room”. Heather’s leadership, personality and unique approach to working a room was the perfect fit for our students. She was very open to adapting the content to our requirements and even brought executives to network with our students at the end of the session.Jean de Villeneuve Bargemont, Sr. Director Career Development - Europe / Global Head of Alumni Relations at Hult International Business School
- Heather White was recommended by a friend whose company had used Smarter Networking at internal management conferences several times. Heather’s ‘how to work a room’ presentation and exercise is an enjoyable way to ensure you’re presenting yourself and the company you represent in the best light possible. Heather is an interesting, entertaining and dynamic speaker.Sarah Boundy, Director of Corporate Communications at The Go-Ahead Group
- Heather lived up to her organisation’s name with an engaging and thought-provoking session for SWAN LGBT Networking in Edinburgh. With the challenge many gay people have about coming out and being themselves at work, there’s an additional challenge to those faced by anyone wanting to meet new people. The consensus was we all had a good look at how we engage others, maybe cringed a bit, but ended up with some practical tools to be much more effective as we networked.Robert Cole, Interim Head of Diversity and Inclusion at BT
- Heather’s session at our Annual Conference had the highest overall feedback score of any event we have put on in the past five years (and probably much longer) of 9.1 out of 10. She created a real buzz amongst our normally pretty staid delegates and as a result far more than usual attended the post-conference reception to put into practice their new-found networking skills.David Membrey, Acting Chief Executive, Charity Finance Directors' Group
If you want an energy charged event where everyone is happy to engage with the delegates and your internal teams are willing to mix and share, please contact to Heather on +44 (0)129 670 6044 or firstname.lastname@example.org